One of the most difficult aspects of trading is identifying profitable trade opportunities. Though, swing trading also requires time and attention to identify trades and vet them for trade setups and load them into your trading platform.
However, this requires using your own swing trading strategy to identify trading opportunities. You can just as easily outsource your swing trade stock picks to swing trade alerts services well-versed in technical analysis and swing trading strategies for you to buy or sell.
Specifically, when you look to make a swing trade, it’s important that you find a swing trade alert service that will help identify these trades for you in an understandable way with a clear rules-based approach complete with an actionable watch list, stock scanners, exit points, signals, satisfied subscribers and more.
In this article we outline different swing trade alerts services and provide details about how they work so that traders can make the right choice when it comes to which service to use.
Best Swing Trade Alerts Services—Top Picks
$1,999 / year, $167/mo for Premium; $999 / year, $83/mo for Standard
Basic: $27/mo; Essential: $177/mo or $1,404/yr
Daily charts: one-time $499 fee; MetaStock monthly subscription: $69/month; MetaStock annual subscription: $745/year
What is Swing Trading?
Swing trading is the practice of buying and selling stocks within a relatively short period of time (although there’s no hard-and-fast rule on how quickly one must trade in order to be considered swing trading).
For trade profit potential, the range can vary from as small as 20% to as much as 100%, depending on the trader. The goal is that by taking advantage of price swings, traders will make more on their winning trades and lose less on their losing ones.
Traders can swing trade in a number of different ways, including:
- holding positions overnight
- holding positions for multiple days or weeks
- buying and holding for longer periods of time (momentum)
They may also use a mix of these swing trading strategies. For a swing trader to be successful in the stock market, they need to establish disciplined trading systems for their stock picks and how they handle stock market movements.
What are the Best Swing Trade Alerts Services?
A swing trader may choose to receive help through subscribing to swing trade alerts services to aid their swing trade actions.
Some alert services specialize in different timeframes, ranging from intra-session day trading to multi-day, week or month swing trades or even medium-to-longer term swing trades and stock picks on momentum or growth stocks.
These swing trading alert service offerings can often build a community around the service in a stock chat room or other forum where swing traders learn from each other.
A swing trader can share about brokerage account performance, comment on market conditions and generally discuss trade ideas and thoughts as a swing trader.
The list of best swing trade alert services below runs the gamut from timeframe, cost, types of alerts and subscription model. Learn about each one to understand which swing trade alert service is best for your needs.
Consider a few options to understand the tools they use, system and profit target they establish and learn as much as you can from your annual or monthly subscription. Now, let’s get an idea about the swing trade alerts options available to you today.
1. Trade Ideas (Best for Active Swing and Momentum Traders)
- Available: Sign up here
- Best For: Active swing and momentum traders
- Price: Trade of the Week Newsletter: Free; $1,999 / year, $167/mo for Premium; $999 / year, $83/mo for Standard
Trade Ideas employs an artificial intelligence-powered assistant named Holly. This AI becomes your virtual research analyst who never sleeps and instead sifts through technicals, fundamentals, social media, earnings and more to pick stocks as real-time trade recommendations.
Holly stays busy, too. She runs over 1 million simulated trades each night and morning before the markets open with more than 70 proprietary algorithms to find you the highest probability, risk appropriate opportunities to invest in stocks.
Trade Ideas doesn’t stop there, though. You can use these trade ideas proposed in real-time through a live simulated trading room. This allows you to demo the stock picking service’s ideas without risking your own money.
The powerful service allows you to access real-time streaming trading ideas on simultaneous charts to learn how to trade into risk-reward balanced trades. You can invest and learn at the same time.
Where Trade Ideas Excels
Where Trade Ideas excels is not only giving you the data and ideas you haven’t seen elsewhere, but also how to manage your money. The rules-based virtual trading room on every chart plays for both long-term investors as well as active traders.
As the market evolves, Trade Ideas’ software adjusts levels and the trading plan to match. The best part? You can learn how to do all of this without risking your principal through a real-time simulated trading environment.
After you’ve grown comfortable with the service, you can choose to go live with the trade ideas and start investing real money by connecting directly through a brokerage like Interactive Brokers, TD Ameritrade or E-Trade.
Additionally, the subscription provides alerting services. You can receive price alerts through their Standard and Premium services as well as by subscribing to the company’s Swing Picks newsletter.
This gives you 5 new trades in your inbox from the company’s model portfolio every Sunday night. They also offer a free Trade of the Week newsletter highlighting a stock pick they have identified for subscribers.
How Does Trade Ideas Find Stock Picks?
Trade Ideas’ technology uses a different scan each week to find unusual trade activity. For example, they may detect a high short interest % in a stock or industry, which often leads to short squeezes, such as what happened with GameStop.
Real people curate scan results before any recommendations come available through the service. You’ll also learn how the service picked the trade, why they believe it will perform well and how to find similar trades on your own.
The service carries a hefty price tag with plans starting at $999 per year for the Standard subscription. For the full Holly experience, you’ll need to upgrade to their $1,999 Premium plan.
Though, for these prices, you get access to what is likely the best day and swing trading stock picking service on the market. If you’ve got a lot of capital you plan to place at risk, this investment is a no brainer.
Consider starting your Trade Ideas subscription with no contract involved. Cancel anytime.
Trade Ideas | Your Coach and Partner for Navigating the Stock Market
Standard: $84/mo. or $999/yr., $228 Premium: $167/mo. or $1,999/yr.* Save 15% with coupon code YATI15.
- Trade Ideas is a stock market app that teaches you how to trade and invest.
- Using a simulated trading platform, you can learn how to trade and invest without risking actual money.
- The service offers a free newsletter and also AI-powered automated trading for premium subscribers.
- Special Discount: Take 15% off any first month or year of a Trade Ideas subscription using promo code “YATI15“
- Free live trading room that delivers actionable guidance
- In-browser and desktop interface functionality
- Automated trading capabilities
- AI-powered trade suggestions
- No mobile app
- Pricey subscriptions for some traders
- Cannot place actual trades through TI
Related: Best Brokerage Account Sign-Up Bonuses, Promotions and Deals
2. Benzinga Pro (Best for Fast Actionable Market News and Research)
- Available: Sign up here
- Price: Basic: $27/mo; Essential: $177/mo or $1,404 annual paid up front
Benzinga Pro is a platform for day and swing traders and investors to get fast, actionable market news and research.
The service specializes in providing exclusive breaking news stories on publicly traded companies, sometimes 30 minutes before the official PR comes out from the company. The tickers who’ve seen these early releases have moved between 30% – 100% or more.
Benzinga’s Newsfeed covers all sectors, analyst ratings changes and SEC filings from companies. You can customize these news feeds based on watchlists you create within the platform.
Other notable Benzinga Pro features include:
- News Squawk – Benzinga has a team that calls out actionable news during pre-market all the way through after hours. Having someone call out the news in real time is a big plus.
- Insiders – What’re insiders of a company doing? Buying? Selling? How much do they own in total? Great tool to find out what insider holdings look like within the company.
- Scanner – Get real time movement updates on the stock market. This also can be customized.
- Charting – You can chart stocks within the Benzinga Pro platform (integrated with TradingView)
- Calendar – Get dates on earnings reports, dividends, economics data, FDA data, IPOs, SEC Filings + so much more.
If you’d like the fastest real-time news feed, profitable trading ideas and exclusive content, consider signing up for Benzinga Pro today.
Benzinga Pro | Fast Stock Market News
Basic: $27/mo. Essential: $177/mo. or $1,404/yr. (34% discount) if billed annually.
- Benzinga Pro is built for traders and investors to receive actionable market news and research in real time.
- Utilize Benzinga’s competitive news advantage for receiving breaking news and research to enhance your analysis.
- Leverage scanner and charting capabilities to get customized movement updates in the stock market.
3. MetaStock (Best Stock Prediction Software)
- Available: Sign up here
MetaStock is a longtime player in the technical analysis tools industry. Several versions of the software are available, depending on your trading needs.
MetaStock offers options for day, swing, and EOD traders to trade stocks, options, commodities, futures, and more.
Specifically, MetaStock offers a number of products that help you with identifying entry and exit points in stocks. In particular, they offer two products to achieve this:
- The Expert Advisor. This service provides immediate buy/sell alerts, relevant and immediate plain-English commentary and can even send alerts by email. These features allow you to utilize the most popular systems, charting styles, and Buy/Sell signals instantly with the click of a mouse.
- The Forecaster. Available exclusively in MetaStock, patent-pending technology provides a new and unique way to view probable price direction for securities. The tool offers a probability-weighted, easy-to-read picture of the future. The service blends statistics with proprietary math to help you more precisely set profit targets and stops.
For frequent traders, MetaStock R/T uses real-time data so you can make informed decisions about what to buy and sell and when to make the most money possible.
You also can customize solutions to fit your trading style and build and backtest trading strategies.
For traders who prefer to do their analysis after the markets close, there’s MetaStock D/C, which comes with a one-time price of $499. However, both products offer free trials, so you can test them before committing to a subscription or fee.
The software comes with over 150 indicators and interpretations that help you understand how to trade based on each indicator.
Advanced users also can write their customized indicators. Plus, along with the ability to backtest trading strategies, you can also use the software to make predictions about future trading.
One drawback to MetaStock is that the software is currently only compatible with the Windows operating system.
4. Benzinga Options Premium (Best for Options Traders, Day Traders and Real-Time Alerts)
- Available: Sign up here
- Price: $97/year
Benzinga Options relies on the insights and findings of veteran options trader, Nic Chahine, a full-time trader.
He’s achieved significant results during his career by relying on fully-researched, high conviction options trades rooted in in-depth analysis.
The service provides 24 options picks per year, or 2 winning trade ideas each month under the Benzinga Options Starter package.
Each recommendation comes with an ideal price target and expected timeline for executing each trade—requirements for an effective swing trading alert service.
5. Seeking Alpha (Best for Investment Research + Stock Recommendations)
- Available: Sign up here
- Price: $119 for the first year (or $349 for the first two years) billed annually for Premium; $499/yr billed annually for Pro (or $69.99/mo monthly); contains in-app purchases
Seeking Alpha Premium caters to the needs of intermediate and advanced investors looking for an affordable, all-inclusive, one-stop-shop for their investing needs.
Seeking Alpha Premium acts as an all-in-one investing research and recommendation service that offers insightful analysis of financial news, stocks, and more—all designed to help you make better investing decisions.
Whether you’re looking to invest on the go or dedicate time for more in-depth research and analysis, Seeking Alpha provides features that meet your needs.
No other site provides what Seeking Alpha does, providing unlimited access to everything from:
- Earnings calls transcripts
- Seeking Alpha Author Ratings and Author Performance metrics
- 10 years worth of financial statements
- Ability to compare stocks side-by-side with peers
- Access to dividend and earnings forecasts and much, much more.
How Has Seeking Alpha Premium Performed?
Seeking Alpha’s Premium subscriptions provide access to the service’s Stock Quant Ratings. These represent collections of the best (to the worst)-rated stocks according to three independent investment resources provided on Seeking Alpha’s website.
These cross checks and validations come from: (1) the Seeking Alpha Quant Model, (2) Seeking Alpha independent contributors, and (3) Wall Street analysts. The list of best stock recommendations gets further vetted by quantitative and fundamental analysis.
For example, the service offers its Triple Rated Top Stocks collection, which contains a listing of the top rated securities—all of which get validated by “Very Bullish” or “Bullish” ratings held on the platform.
All this attention to detail pays off, too.
Have a look at the dramatic market outperformance seen by these Top Rated Stocks from Seeking Alpha Premium as compared to the S&P 500 (total return with dividends reinvested):
What to Expect from Seeking Alpha’s Paid Plans
Seeking Alpha has over 16,000 active contributors sharing well-written stock analysis. In-house editors vet these pieces before being read and discussed by millions of people.
Reading different opinions about the same stock helps investors develop their own informed opinions on the likelihood a stock will rise or fall. I recommend this approach when learning how to research stocks.
In addition to diverse, deep-dive research articles, Seeking Alpha’s website has fundamental analysis tools, a Trending News feed, crowdsourced debates, and market data.
Users can create their own portfolios to follow favorite stocks, see how choices perform and receive email alerts or push notifications. You also have access to podcasts and video content.
While the website has a significant amount of information, some features remain reserved for the Premium Plan and Pro Plan members.
Seeking Alpha Premium
With a Seeking Alpha Premium subscription, you will enjoy unparalleled access with an ad-lite interface across your user experience.
Seeking Alpha Premium can help you manage your portfolio with a large investing community so you can better understand the financial world.
Access more premium content, author ratings and performance to get ideas for your next investment.
Premium plan members can see the ratings of authors whose articles they read. It’s useful to know if you’re reading a piece written by someone with a top record or a poor track record.
“Expert” analyses are reserved for Premium members as well. This plan includes a stock screener letting you filter by average analyst rating and gain access to listen to conference calls and other presentations. Premium costs $119 for the first year or $349 for the first two.
Seeking Alpha Pro
A Seeking Alpha Pro subscription comes with all the features of Seeking Alpha Premium, but also comes with extra features like:
- The Top Ideas recommendation list
- Exclusive newsletter subscriptions and interviews
- VIP Editorial Concierge
- Seeking Alpha Pro screener for investing ideas
- No ads—providing you with fewer interruptions to your reading experience.
The Pro Plan, targets towards professional investors and costs $499/year or $69.99/month if paid upfront.
Why Subscribe to Seeking Alpha?
In short, Seeking Alpha distills down the relevant financial information for you so you don’t have to—making it easy for anyone interested in self-directed investments to have a chance at outperforming the market. Now’s your chance with Seeking Alpha’s Paid Plans!
Consider starting a subscription to take advantage of SA’s Premium services and see if they make sense for your needs.
Seeking Alpha Premium & Pro
Premium: $99/yr.* or $349 for two years. Pro: $499/yr. or $69.99/mo.*
- Seeking Alpha has the world’s largest investing community.
- Seeking Alpha Premium helps you find profitable investing ideas, improve your portfolio, research stocks better and faster as well as track the news to find investing opportunities.
- Receive up to 15 investing newsletters filled with stock research and analysis, commentary and recommendations.
- Use Seeking Alpha Premium’s Seeking Alpha Stock Ratings to find stocks likely to outperform and make you money.
- Seeking Alpha Premium’s proprietary quant records have an impressive track record leading to massive market outperformance.
- Offers Free 7-Day Trial.
- Active community of engaged investors and analysts
- Stock screeners, quantitative tools for stock analysis
- Strong track record of market outperformance on stock ratings
- Minimal mutual fund coverage
Related: Best Seeking Alpha Alternatives [Competitors’ Sites to Use]
6. Mindful Trader (Eric Ferguson’s Swing Trade Alert Service)
- Available: Sign up here
- Best for: Short-to-medium term swing trades
- Price: $47/mo
Mindful Trader provides members with swing trade alerts that have a track record of success. Users receive around five to fifteen trade alerts each week.
All recommendations come based on a data-driven approach employed by Eric Ferguson, the founder of Mindful Trader.
Members have access to the creator’s watchlist, his live positions shown in the member dashboard and historical data with the trades conducted since inception.
You can use this paid swing trading alerts service to take advantage of short-term movements in the market.
The service provides trade windows and clear guidance on when to open and or close positions to follow the service’s swing trading methodology.
The price is $47 per month and cancelable at any time.
Mindful Trader | Swing Trade Stock Alerts
- Use Mindful Trader’s statistical edge to earn alpha in the market and create long-term wealth
- Data-driven trade strategies that rely on historical probabilities to identify swing trade alerts
- Useful for easy-to-follow trade alerts in real-time
7. Scanz (formerly EquityFeed Workstation)
- Available: Sign up for 7-day free trial
- Price: News: $79/mo, Scanner $99/mo, Bundle: $149/mo
The most acclaimed feature of Scanz (formerly EquityFeed Workstation) is the “FilterBuilder.” With this tool, you can filter and pick stocks based on your desired criteria, including value, growth, momentum or even penny stocks.
Scanz offers search tools and market data. The “pattern recognition” tool sends alerts when stocks are making new highs or lows, breaking volume averages, and more. Unfortunately, this trading stock software doesn’t offer backtesting or automated trading.
Scanz is a powerful stock trading software platform and is one of the best options on this list. Consider starting a free trial to see how effective the service can be for capturing alpha in your portfolio.
Scanz | Find it. Trade it. Profit
- Scanz is the “all in one” market scanning platform for day traders and swing traders.
- The service delivers “extreme real-time” data and news to make sure you can take advantage of trading opportunities as soon as they come available.
8. Motley Fool Rule Breakers
- Available: Sign up here
- Price: $99 for the first year
Motley Fool Rule Breakers focuses on stocks that have massive growth potential in emerging industries. This stock investment website isn’t fixating on what’s currently popular, but rather always looking for the next big stock.
This swing trade alert service focuses on the medium-to-longer term swing trade opportunities and not so much shorter term targets—think months instead of days or weeks.
The service provides stock alerts through recommendations on a set monthly schedule, allowing for easier timing on entry.
The company doesn’t provide real-time alerts for their stock picks, instead opting for a medium-to-longer term profit target.
The service famously recommended companies like Amazon, Tesla, Netflix and others before they became the household names we know today. They targeted these companies early and continued to recommend them over time as more investors joined their service.
This stock advisor website sends an e-mail most Thursdays with their newest recommendations at the following cadence:
- Second Thursday of the month – One specific, detailed New Stock Recommendation where the Rule Breakers team outlines the full case for their latest stock recommendation
- Third Thursday of the month – 5 Best Buys Now, a short listing of previous Motley Fool recommendations the service feels still provide upside appreciation potential
- Fourth Thursday of the Month – New stock recommendation, just like on the second Thursday (two new stocks per month)
The service has six rules they follow before making stock recommendations to subscribers:
- Only invest in “top dog” companies in an emerging industry – As Motley Fool puts it: “It doesn’t matter if you’re the big player in floppy drives — the industry is falling apart.”
- The company must have a sustainable advantage
- Company must have strong past price appreciation
- Company needs to have strong and competent management
- There must be strong consumer appeal
- Financial media must overvalue the company
As you can see, before recommending a stock to users, Rule Breakers considers a number of factors. In short, the service mainly looks for well-run companies in emerging industries with a sustainable advantage over competitors, among other factors.
And their rules seem to pay off if their results have anything to say about it.
Over the past 15 years, Rule Breakers has almost doubled the S&P 500, beating many leading money managers on Wall Street. Their results speak for themselves and easily justify the affordable price tag of $99 for the first year.
What to Expect from Motley Fool’s Rule Breakers:
The service includes three primary items you can expect to receive:
- A listing of Starter Stocks to begin your Rule Breakers journey with their “essential Rule Breakers”
- 5 “Best Buys Now” opportunities each month
- Two new stock picks each month
You’ll receive regular communications from the stock picking service with their analysis and rationales for buying stocks meeting their investment criteria.
If you’re not satisfied with the trading service after signing up, they offer a full membership-fee back guarantee.
Motley Fool Rule Breakers
67% off: $99/yr.*
- Motley Fool Rule Breakers is an investment advisory service that provides insight and recommendations on potential market-beating growth stocks
- Picks are centered around emerging industries in an attempt to pick tomorrow’s stock market leaders today
- Strong performance track record
- Discounted introductory rate
- Consistent outperformance of S&P 500
- High-growth stocks carry volatility
- High renewal price
- Not every stock has positive returns
9. Motley Fool Stock Advisor
- Available: Sign up here
- Best for: Buy-and-hold growth investors
- Price: Discounted rate for the first year
Like #8 on this list, this swing trade alerts service also comes from Motley Fool.
Simply put, Motley Fool’s signature product, Stock Advisor, aims to provide you one thing: top picks for market-beating stocks with zero trading experience required from the site’s co-founders, including Tom Gardner.
The service espouses, a plain vanilla trading style: buy-and-hold until reaching a profit target or exit point. You can even choose to hold for longer.
Likely of little interest to many scalpers or day traders, this medium-to-long-term orientation, when invested in the right stocks, can produce exciting returns that outperform several trading strategies.
It does so with little active portfolio management beyond doing your research upfront and identifying exit points down the road.
Of the two services offered by Motley Fool (Rule Breakers, previous), Stock Advisor is my pick of the bunch if you want a better chance at consistent performance with less volatility.
The investment newsletter and service sends recommendations for “Steady Eddies” and potential high-flying stocks the service believes provide financially sound fundamentals.
Preferring to stick with companies that outperform steadily over time, Stock Advisor offers stock picks with investment rationales, research and information to inform you of your investments.
What to Expect from Motley Fool’s Stock Advisor:
The Stock Advisor service provides a lot of worthwhile resources to subscribers.
- “Starter Stocks” recommendations to serve as a foundation to your portfolio for new and experienced investors
- Two new stock picks each month
- 10 “Best Buys Now” chosen from over 300 stocks the service watches
- Investing resources with the stock picking service’s library of stock recommendations
- Access to community of investors engaged in outperforming the market and talking shop
The swing trade alerts and stock picking service has a discounted rate for the first year and has a full membership-fee back guarantee. Consider signing up for Stock Advisor today.
Motley Fool Stock Advisor
- Motley Fool Stock Advisor provides a list of five stocks they believe deserving of your money today.
- Stock Advisor also lists “Starter Stocks” they believe should serve as a portfolio’s foundation.
- Limited Time Offer: Get your first year with Stock Advisor for $79 (vs. $199 usual value)
- Discounted introductory price
- Strong outperformance above S&P 500
- High overall average return for stock picks
- High renewal price
- Not every stock is a winner
10. Tim Alerts (Best for Penny Stock Day Traders)
- Available: Sign up here
- Best for: Penny stock day traders
- Price: $697 per year; $1,297 per year for Pennystocking Silver
Penny stocks present an appealing opportunity to buy when a stock trades for a low value in the hopes of making quick money when it moves up suddenly.
Tim Sykes rose to fame by taking around $12,000 in bar mitzvah financial gift money and day trading it on penny stocks. By the time he’d graduated college, he’d become a self-made millionaire with the intent of teaching others how to replicate his success.
He’s created a stock picking service in addition to financial services, educational content and training to retail investors.
He provides his Tim Alerts daily newsletters with penny stock picks every market day around 8am EST / 5am PDT with a set of stock watchlists for the day. You can receive this by email, SMS or even push notifications in real time throughout the trading day.
Subscribers also get live chat room access with a paired proprietary trading app.
The service also includes the ability to access a library of over 7,000 videos and courses to train you on how to trade penny stocks and potentially replicate Tim’s success.
Timothy Sykes | Penny Stock Trading Alerts
Tim’s Alerts: $74.95/mo. paid monthly, or $697/yr. (24% discount) paid annually. Pennystocking Silver: $149.95/mo. paid monthly, or $1,297/yr. (28% discount) paid annually.
- Use Tim Sykes’ weekly videos to become a better penny stock trader.
- Pairs with real-time alerts or just a standalone alerts service.
- Gain chatroom access, daily stock watchlists, push, email and SMS alerts and more.
11. Pilot Trading
- Available: Sign up here
- Price: $19.95/mo after 14-day free trial
Pilot Trading using psychology-based AI algorithms that monitor market participants for real time trading flows.
The trading platform detects market direction and attempts to anticipate when the market will reverse direction, allowing you to monetize this insight for your stock research.
The app follows over 37,000 securities and provides active alerts on when you can trade them. You can connect the stock analysis app to your online broker for direct in-app trading to see your trading in action.
The service integrates with a number of brokers, including TradeStation.
To use the service, you need to download and install the app with your free 14-day trial, create your watchlist to track real-time AI-driven sentiment and receive opportunities for making emotion-free and data-driven trades.
Pilot Trading | AI-Driven Market Insights
Pilot Trading tracks real-time trading activity from major market participants and delivers alerts when sentiment changes. This allows you to profit from changing market direction. Link to your brokerage account to use these stock research app.
Best Swing Trade Alerts Services
Swing trading is a great way to make money, but it can be hard to find the right stocks and trade opportunities.
You need to know what you’re looking for and have the time and attention to identify them.
These swing trading services are designed specifically for traders who want help with their stock picks, trading strategy, trading alerts, exit points, market signals, etc.
They each offer a different type of subscription that range from intra-session day trading all the way up through medium-to-longer term swing trades on momentum or growth stocks.
These services for swing trade alerts provide clear rules-based approaches complete with an actionable watch list, scanners, idea vetting, swing trading alerts, and more.
Some of the short-term swing trade alert services come with profit targets, real-time day trades, on-going market commentary and even courses to develop your own trading system.
Others offer to link to your brokerage account to simulate trades risk-free, meaning you can act on a swing trade alert without having to place your own money at risk.
Consider subscribing to any of these services to learn more about them and whether trading alerts make sense for your needs.
They might be able to point you in the right direction toward conducting your own stock research and analysis for more long-term investing (or day trading) so you can do this for a living.
Frequently Asked Questions About Services with Alerts: Swing Trading
What are Swing Traders?
A swing trader is someone who speculates in financial markets by making bets on securities’ shorter-term movements like days, weeks or months.
A swing trader identifies swings seen in numerous asset classes like stocks, commodities and currencies which happen over a short to extended period of time.
A swing trader compares to a day trader in the sense that they take advantage of movements in securities, though over different time frames.
Day traders think in minutes or hours while a swing trader thinks in days or weeks (possibly even months if there’s enough momentum in a security’s movement).
Likewise, where a swing trader differs from a day trader as well is with risk tolerance. Day traders think in small sums for each trade, minimizing their risk and profit.
Rather than trying to make any profit on small movements in the market over time, a swing trader takes advantage of large swings that happen every now and then.
Profits might be big on each trade, allowing a swing trader to make a tidy profit. Though, a swing trader isn’t without risk mitigation techniques.
Like day traders, a swing trader can set a stop loss on their trades to guard their downside on long positions, or a buy stop order on short positions.
Should You Subscribe to a Swing Trade Alerts Service?
If you subscribe to a swing trading alerts service, make sure you follow along initially in a paper trade account through a stock trading app like Webull. This way, you can learn how this swing trading service works while testing out their performance.
Do You Need Trading Experience to Take Advantage of These Swing Trade Alerts?
Many of these services aim to simplify your subscription by not requiring prior trade experience, especially in the case of the Motley Fool services, Mindful Trader, and Tim Alerts.
Trade Ideas is a very powerful, AI-driven tool that can be best utilized by seasoned traders. Likewise, MetaStock offers powerful stock prediction software.
That said, you don’t need to be highly sophisticated to use the tool, especially as they offer courses and have a free chat room to explore prior to opening an account or receiving alerts through their high-powered platform.
Many of these support your ability to open an account with beginner stock trading app with apps like Robinhood, Webull or others, or even a fully-featured offering like TradeStation.